Trying Out Evive Smoothie Cubes


My kids love smoothies and popsicles. We are always making them and keeping them in our freezer. I really enjoy them because it’s an easy way to ensure they get their fill of fruit and veggies. They’re great as snacks and even as a dessert option. One of our favorites is to blend together bananas, greek yogurt, milk, frozen strawberries, blueberries and orange juice. Which are most things we usually have hanging around the house.

It was amazing to find a local Canadian start up called Evive which specializes in organic frozen smoothie cubes. It's such an ingenious idea that I wish I’d thought of myself. Their lineup includes both sweet and savory options and even protein packed selections for those who are looking for a quick after workout boost.


I really enjoyed mixing the cubes with unsweetened soy milk for an extra protein punch. I love the flexibility of adding in whatever liquid you would like to change it up a little bit and if you’re in a pinch, even adding water is delicious. There are so many options as well so you can rotate through the roster and never get tired of having a delicious smoothie just a shake away (no one will blame you for sticking to your favorite either)!

They’re made with organic whole fruits and veggies, lots of tasty superfoods such as acai and chia seeds which are all great additions to a healthy diet. Especially for my little ones who may not be so inclined to eat chia seeds by the spoonful, but when they’re in smoothie form, it’s added nutrition that I know they love as well. One of my favorites right now is the Viva, which has dragon fruit, hemp seeds, strawberries, bananas and other delicious vegetables that I wouldn’t have thought went in to a smoothie like cauliflower and shiitake mushrooms! None of which you’d pinpoint when you try it (no worries, no tastes of shiitake mushrooms!). 


The protein powered cubes are a great choice for those that are looking to up their protein intake especially after a workout. I often enjoy mine as an afternoon snack just after I complete a High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout, which requires refueling for my body with something wholesome and high in protein so my muscles can recover. Their selection of protein cubes are nothing short of amazing, with flavours like Passion Mango, Orange Peach or Cashew Mocha. They all pack 15-18g of protein per one wheel. Again, you can up the protein if you add in milk or unsweetened soy milk. Much more inviting then the protein powder that my husband consumes! 


There are also savoury cubes which have been an amazing lunch or snack for me especially on busy days where I don’t have a lot of time. I just add a bit of water and heat it up in the microwave and know that I’m enjoying a healthy meal. The Tom Thai was extremely fragrant and was a lovely addition over rice or noodles. The Bam Chili was lovely as a snack with some tortilla chips. It’s nice knowing that it’s nutritious and healthy without the preservatives of other frozen time friendly meals. I don’t eat frozen because of that reason; I don’t believe it’s nutritious as fresh so it’s nice knowing there are options out there!

I haven’t tried giving my kids the savoury cubes yet, but that’s next on my list! So far they’re still loving the sweet ones and as long as they’re happy then I'm happy to continue giving it to them! Nothing beats healthy, tasty and fast!

Comments