New Year, New Decade, New Health Goals with AOR


A new year means new resolutions! However, it’s even more special this year because we’re also in a new decade making things a bit more interesting. Not only can you set goals for the upcoming year, you can look at the next 10! What a great way to work towards some long-term goals. I know from talking to friends and family that fitness and health are always a top priority on everyone’s list and I personally feel that some of the issues related to health is more than just a one-year goal. Some things take time and a lot of work to strive to be a better us.


So when I was asked at the end of last year to look in to DNA analysis for health I was extremely intrigued. I was able to work with Advanced Orthomolecular Research (AOR) - a local Calgary company - to gain a better understanding of how my genetics play a role in understanding my health and health goals. Essentially, I provided a quick saliva swab through their My Blueprint kit, sent it in and then AOR did the rest. They analyzed my DNA and provided 26 categories of health data ranging from Physical Fitness to Hormonal Health information. Most of the data was a confirmation on what I already knew, such as, eat less sodium, limit saturated fats but others were more intriguing like what types of exercise is best suited for my DNA profile and how to leverage how my body heals in terms of how to schedule my workout sessions. This along with things to watch out for like my thyroid, heart and sensitivities. I felt like I gained a new appreciation for the body that I have. I even convinced my parents to analyze their profile and we could definitely see some familial linkages there.

For me as a foodie, it was interesting that AOR also came up with mocktail recipes that feature supplements in a different light by making them fun! I was fortunate enough to be invited down to a session at their office where creative mocktails and presentations on the various research they’ve conducted on DNA information were shared. It was amazing to see some of the leading research that has utilized the genetics. It’s pretty exciting to think about how that knowledge would go to help individuals with genetic disorders.


I know often times people are skeptical of the information they provide through DNA but AOR is committed to protecting their client data and not disclosing it to a 3rd party. Of course it’s really up to the consumer for their comfort level. However, for me I did feel like the pros outweighed the cons and was able to help me gather more information about myself. Additionally, AOR was able to tailor a whole supplement plan for me based on my results. Including some pop rock probiotics. Who doesn’t like a bit of fun in their day to day like pop rocks? I feel like this has allowed me to pave a new path to health beyond just exercise and healthy eating. It has refocused me through how I perceive health on a day to day basis and putting self care at the forefront of my new goals. What’s better then working on mindfulness being present with myself over the next decade. It’s daunting to think that far but I feel like I’ve taken a step in the right direction in this new year of a new decade.

Here's a fun Mocktail Recipe that was shared by AOR:

Mag Synergy Margarita

4 oz lime sparkling coconut water
Fresh lime
1 scoop Magnesium Synergy
Ice
Salt mixed with cinnamon

Rub the rim of the glass with the lime slice and dip rim in salt and cinnamon mixture.

Shake the other ingredients with ice, then pour over more ice.

Garnish with lime and serve.

If you’re interested in finding out more about AOR, including the My Blueprint DNA kit and supplements please visit their website: aorhealth.com

Comments

  1. Did you realize there's a 12 word phrase you can say to your partner... that will trigger intense emotions of love and impulsive attraction for you buried inside his heart?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, worship and protect you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Will Fuel A Man's Love Instinct

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will drive him to work better than ever before to build your relationship stronger.

    In fact, triggering this all-powerful impulse is so mandatory to achieving the best ever relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll soon find him expose his heart and soul for you in such a way he's never experienced before and he'll identify you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly attracted him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment