Ready, Set, Sushi Roll! Edo Japan Sushi Roll Competition!


To showcase Edo Japan’s new sushi menu, Edo hosted a fun sushi roll showdown. Where I along with six food bloggers were challenged with the task of coming up with a creative and delicious sushi roll within 20 minutes. Looking around, I was up against some pretty stiff competition! We all had shared ingredients that were provided and was allowed a secret ingredient. The sushi expert gave us a quick sushi rolling demo and then we were off.


After what felt like a second, who knew 20 minutes could fly by as quickly as it did! I fortunately had my sushi rolled and ready for judgment. Everybody was able to finish their rolls and they all looked fabulous. Each entry was unique including a surf n turf roll, a roll that didn’t even include nori (seaweed) or fish, one that featured goat cheese and the list goes on. I was pretty nervous because my secret ingredient required some finesse, I figured over charred sushi probably doesn’t taste too good.


The judges did their rounds and when it was time to announce the winner I was pretty shocked to hear my name! I guess the blowtorch did the trick! All in all it was a fun experience to battle alongside my fellow foodies. My only regret was not being able to taste everybody else’s rolls as well! They all looked delicious and in my mind we were all winners.

As part of the win, I received some gift cards to Edo Japan and would love to share them with you guys, my readers! Please respond in the comments below or tweet me @ScrumpFitFood if you're interested!


My creation - the Autumn Fire Roll - creamy crab mix with avocado, cucumber and topped with strips of tuna and salmon, a bit of tobiko, all flamed and served with a tangy ponzu sauce.

Comments

  1. Yum! Love hitting up Edo when I am to tired to cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edo is a staple at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, when is the draw?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like Edo Japan to get me through my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JB congrats you've won one of the gift cards. Could you email me your address so I can send it out to you?

      Thanks!
      Bonnie

      Delete

Post a Comment