Restaurant Review: Euphoria Cafe


Cravings, a single word that can often times summarize my diet. Well, I guess on a daily basis I tend to eat pretty healthy so on the weekends I like to splurge a bit and go for items that I’m craving and maybe isn’t so great for me (balance is key). On such a weekend, I woke up craving waffles. Nothing was going to stop me from obtaining them. After a bit of searching online and realizing that all the brunch houses were going to require me to wait for my waffles. I found this little coffee shop not too far from the university called Euphoria Café. According to their website they served Belgian waffles, within 15 mins I was there.

Atmosphere: A cozy and intimate coffee shop where you can just nestle in and watch the day go by.

Price Range: Mid $10s

 
 

Food and Coffee: We were mainly there for waffles but couldn’t help also sampling their paninis and coffee. Plus, what’s something sweet without a hot cup of espresso to wash it down with? We started with a southwestern style Panini made with avocados, cheddar cheese and ground beef served with a side of vegetable chips. The bread was nice and crispy of the outside and the cheesy was warm and gooey. I really enjoyed the avocados, they provided the creaminess that the Panini needed without the use of mayo.
 
Next up and why we were there…the waffles, just the smell of them baking away in the waffle iron was too much to bear and I couldn’t wait for the first bite. We got an order of the Chocolate and banana Belgian butter waffle (with lots of chocolate chips and caramel drizzle) and the White chocolate Belgian waffle. Both topped with lots of whipped cream. I personally enjoyed the white chocolate version more because I revel in the taste of the waffle dough itself, which really shown through with just a light touch of white chocolate and whipped cream.  Don’t get me wrong, the chocolate and banana is just as good, but I don’t have as much of a sweet tooth, so I prefer something a bit lighter. My husband really enjoyed the chocolate waffle, which worked out perfectly because then I got the white chocolate all to myself.



Nothing is a better pairing with something sweet then an Americano. Dark and rich, it’s flavours robust enough to cut through the sweetness of the syrups.  Euphoria café also serves 100% fair trade coffees. If you’re looking for something more decadent, they also serve special features that changes all the time. Just follow their twitter or facebook for more information.
 
My Pick: White Chocolate Belgium Waffle
 
Overall: Now I know just where to go when I’m craving that special Belgian waffle, but if you’re on the go, they offer delicious muffins, cookies and other goodies as well. I guess now that the cat’s out of the bag, I better go again soon before I can’t find a table!



Euphoria Café
5403 Crowchild Trail NW
Calgary, AB
(403) 313-0503
Website: euphoriacafe.ca

Euphoria Cafe on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. Ooooh a new hidden gem and it's by my work. Thanks for sharing!
    @Sara_InTheCity

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment