Low Fat Cappuccino Cheesecake


Cappuccino Cheesecake - Scrumptiously Fit Food


It’s that time again, every year people from all over the world flood in to Calgary for nothing other than the Stampede. Cowboys riding their crazy horses at the rodeos, kids going crazy over the carnival rides and the games but for me, I scream for ice cream, well also for corn dogs, mini donuts, pulled pork sandwiches…the list goes on.

Nothing says stampede food like things fried, you can find anything fried at the grounds and I remember the first time I ate a deep fried cheesecake. Who knew you could deep fry cheesecake, but again apparently you can deep fry anything. I was a skeptic at first, looking at this big piece of deep fried dough, how could it possibly taste anything like cheesecake. Well I was wrong, the cheesecake inside was delicious! Of course I found myself ripping off the batter and eating the cheesecake itself, yes I know it seems wrong but the cheesecake they had hidden in all that batter was the best part, so in honor of stampede and all the cheesecake purists out there, I figured it would be a good time to share my cheesecake recipe.

The best part about this version is it low in fat without sacrificing any of the taste and I guess if you really wanted to you could deep fry it in honor of stampede, just make sure you make the non flavoured version…deep fried cappuccino cheesecake just doesn’t have quite the same ring to it.

Crust - Scrumptiously Fit Food

Ingredients (adapted from here):
For Crust
1 cup Oreo cracker crumbs
1 /4 cup sugar
3 tbsp melted butter

For Filling1 1/2 tbsp coffee flavoured liquor (I used espresso flavoured vodka, but kahlua works just as well)
1 tbsp instant coffee powder
2 (8oz) packages low fat cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs (or to lower the fat even more use 1 egg and 2 egg whites)

Preparation:
For Crust
Preheat oven to 325ºF.

Mix Oreo crumbs, sugar and melted margarine, press on to the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan.

Bake in oven for 10 mins.

For Filling
Measure out the liqueur and dissolve in the coffee powder and set aside.

Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla together with electric mixture until blended.

Add in one egg at a time and slowly fold in with a spatula.

Pour in the coffee mixture and mix gently.

Pour in to crust and bake at 325ºF for 50-60 mins.

Refrigerate until the cheesecake is fully cool (around 3-4 hours), best if left overnight.

Prebake Cheesecake - Scrumptiously Fit Food

Comments