Berlingo - The Spot for Soft Serve Ice Cream in Calgary


My cousin recently came back for a visit from Europe where she’s been living for the last couple of years. We got to chatting about all things Europe and all the things I’ve missed so much about it. It’s been a while since we were last there and there are some things that I crave from time to time. For one the confectioneries in Europe are amazing and I love the sweets from France such as the croissants, kouign amans and madelines. Luckily for me there are some great local confectioners that can help me satisfy those cravings and one has recently expanded to something even more delicious!


If you haven’t been to Yann Haute Patisserie in the bright yellow house in Mission then you should stop reading now and head over. But before you run off you need to hear of the wonderful purple house right next door that now houses the brand new Berlingo, opened by Yann earlier this year focusing on soft serve ice cream! True to the art of pastry in France everything at Berlingo is made in house including the ice cream, toppings and chocolate.

The meaning of the name is an homage to the berlingot candies which are pyramidal in shape like Berlingo’s emblem and signifies an art in candy making. In France, confectioner’s make all the items that they sell in store, including ice cream and Yann really wanted to bring the essence of that to life here in our city. The idea of soft serve over frozen ice cream is so that the cream itself is not too frozen to the point that you can’t taste the sweetness in the flavours. Therefore they don’t need to overladen the ice cream itself with sugars but rely on just the quality of the ingredients to provide the perfect punch.


Each ice cream flavour can be served on their own or you can go with the swirl option where two matching flavours are often set to swirl together creating a different flavour combination. Some of the flavours they’ve set in the past include vanilla raspberry, licorice mandarin and chocolate hazelnut. There are also dairy free options as well if you’re interested, all their sorbets are vegan!

You can build various combinations of sundaes by using the different ice cream flavours and house made toppings including cookie cones! And if you’re not sure what you want, there are some preassembled options you can order right from the menu. It’s all super easy, the only hard part is not wanting to order them all!


Now as I wait to plan our next trip to Europe I can stop in to Berlingo to get my European confectionary fix. And if I’m really up for it I can hop over to Yann Patisserie to pick up some pastries and macarons and be on cloud 9. I’m so excited to have these great establishments in town, so now you can stop reading and go try it out for yourself too!

Berlingo
237 23 Ave SW
Calgary, AB
(403) 764-1866
Website: berlingocalgary.com

Comments

  1. Thank you for posting such a great blog. I found your website perfect for my needs. Read About Catering Calgary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the Good Work, Thank You for sharing such an amazing post: You have added some blend of combinations which was adding spark to this Content: i would Like to share this is my catering croups.Photographers Near me in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for sharing such an amazing article: I would love to share in Catering service near me in Gurgaon Group

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment