Calgary's Pig & Pinot Festival on Jun 15!


Just the other day I was chatting with some of my friends about Calgary’s bustling food scene and how I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to have seen those changes and share my stories throughout the years. I was telling them about how I still remember one of the first events I attended when I was just starting to explore the culinary world which was the Pig and Pinot Festival!

I’m so glad to see that the festival has been such a success year over year and now is in it’s 7th year of supporting CalgaryMeals on Wheels. Hosted by City Palate the festival allows guests to sample multiple succulent pork dishes made with Spragg’s Meat free range pork paired with different pinot wines from 12 chef teams and sommeliers representing Calgary’s wonderful restaurants. You really get an appreciation for how wine brings out different flavours of each dish and there are few things in this world that beats a good wine and food pairing!

The event also hosts a silent auction and this year the items will be highlighting Canada’s 150th! Along with that one of the chef teams will be awarded the coveted “Divine Swine” trophy. I’m excited to see what they will be cooking up and pouring for the event this year.


I still remember what a great experience it was for me that first time (and every time since) because my girlfriend and I were supposed to meet up for dinner but at the last minute decided to attend the event instead and ended up having a wonderful girl’s night!

If you’re interested, the event will be held on Thursday June 15 this year from 7-10pm at Hotel Arts. Links to the tickets and additional info can be found here!  

*Photos from City Palate

Comments