Sabra Hummus, Pita Chips and Fall Weather

With the weather cooling down and summer coming to a close, I have started to shift from wanting to be outside all day to sitting beside the fireplace with a nice cup of coffee. Sometimes there’s nothing better than sitting at home and enjoying a great book. Its inevitable that I start having the munchies. It’s hard to avoid chips and cookies, but there are healthier alternatives out there. One of my favorite combo is pita and hummus. Flavorful while still packing a nutritional punch.

Recently I had the opportunity to try out Sabra hummus, which surprisingly comes in many amazing flavours including Roasted Red Pepper, Basil Pesto and Roasted Garlic. My favorite at the moment is the Supremely Spicy, with loads of spicy chili in the middle to provide an extra bit of kick to amp up the flavour. The hummus itself is creamy smooth with a nice sesame flavour from the tahini and nuttiness from the chickpeas. I like to pair it with my favorite fire roasted jalapeno pita chips! I definitely don’t shy away from spiciness. =)


Pita chips are also a great way to use up leftover pita and are super easy and quick to make. I’ve included a quick recipe at the end of this post. I find that after I cook Mediterranean or other cuisines that utilize pita as a base, I always tend to have some left over. This makes for a quick and nutritional snack when combined with a delicious dip.

I can’t wait to try more offerings from Sabra and have recently found out that they also offer salsas and guacamole in a range of different flavours. Looks like I’ll have a lot more snack combos for all my hibernating this fall. I’m also going to be giving away coupons for readers of the blog to try out some of Sabra’s offerings. Please leave your name in the comments and I’ll make a draw for winners. Good luck!!


Pita Chip Recipe

Ingredients:

Pitas
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Optional: Garlic Powder or other spices

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut up your pita in half, cut those halves in to halves and etc until you get 8 wedges.

Place pita on a parchment covered oven sheet.

Drizzle olive oil over top.

Sprinkle some salt and pepper on to each of the wedges.

If you’d like additional flavours, you can sprinkle garlic powder or other spices on top. Feel free to make it all your own by playing with different flavour combinations!

Bake in the oven for 8-10 mins or until pitas become crispy.

Serve with your favorite hummus or dip!

Comments

  1. Love your blog.Would like to try Sabra.Sounds delicious.Thanks for your recipe which also sounds very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please!! Sounds like Sabra has put out a ton of new flavours, I'd love to try them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Roasted Garlic! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment